It's such a great idea to prepare healhy breakfast in advance for the whole week, I don't know why I didn't thik of it before? The best ideas are the most obvious… By preparing it in advance, you eliminate the possibility to work without breakfast and then to have unhealthy cravings along the way or during the day … I found this one on Pop Sugar.
Image source: POPSUGAR Photography / Jenny Sugar
If you're avoiding gluten, use gluten-free oats.
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
5 teaspoons chia seeds
2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
5 teaspoons maple syrup
5 tablespoon raisins
5 tablespoons sliced almonds
2 1/2 cups soy or almond milk (save for the night before)
- Set up your 5 empty 8-ounce mason jars.
- Divide all the ingredients except for the milk between the 5 jars. Each jar will have: 1/2 cup oats, 1 teaspoon chia seeds, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon maple syrup, 1 tablespoon raisins, and 1 tablespoon sliced almonds.
- Screw on the lids securely and store in the fridge.
- Each night before bed, add half a cup of soy or almond milk to your jar, and refrigerate.
- In the morning, give it a good stir, top with sliced fruit of your choice, and enjoy!